[TACRAO] Listserv GPAs and Repeated Courses

Sabrina Delaney delaneysk at sfasu.edu
Wed Sep 29 10:36:34 CDT 2021

Good morning, TACRAO!

I wanted to ask my questions one more time since we've all made it past census date. I am hoping more will have an opportunity to reply. Thank you to those few who responded earlier!

I am looking for information concerning GPAs and repeats after graduating.  I used "undergraduate degree" in my questions, but please insert "associate's degree" where applicable. Our administration is asking for best practices from other institutions.

  1.  How do you handle students' GPAs who retake undergraduate courses after earning a bachelor's degree?

  1.  Does the Undergraduate GPA start over?  Or continue?

  1.  If you have a repeat policy (such as "last grade earned", "highest grade", or "average"), does it apply to courses taken during the undergraduate degree when the student retakes the course AFTER earning the UG degree?

Please feel free to email me directly if you'd like. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Happy Wednesday!
Sabrina Delaney | Associate Registrar
Office of the Registrar<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.sfasu.edu_registrar&d=DwIFAg&c=oqyuZuih6ykib6aKiBq22_bich4AVfYGoLertJN0bEc&r=5cwyr3ZZzjmRsIsXglBYqQ&m=hIMdbHqGCZADk6da6RHO8H2dvrMOPn6FqXp77zrEQKY&s=Rt6OZMSE-c-gubOGQ0QvLGLN0dJX2PZaj8Ls4ztNun4&e= >
Stephen F. Austin State University
P.O. Box 13050, SFA Station | Nacogdoches, TX  75962
P: 936.468.2050 | F: 936.468.7638
delaneysk at sfasu.edu<mailto:delaneysk at sfasu.edu>
The views and opinions expressed in this message
are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views
and opinions of Stephen F. Austin State University,
its Boards of Regents, or the State of Texas.