[TACRAO] Listserv Post Baccalaureate Definitions

McDonald, Hannah K h.mcdonald at tamuct.edu
Thu Sep 10 11:34:00 CDT 2020

**External Email**

Good afternoon,

I was wondering how universities are using the term post baccalaureate.  There are two definitions in the CBM Manual for the classification. Currently, we assign a classification code of PB to any student who has already received a bachelor's degree, but is not seeking a graduate level degree. That seems to match up with the definition of the CBM00S and CBM0E1.
5 Post-Baccalaureate - a student possessing a baccalaureate degree but who has not been admitted to a graduate program
The CBM001 is a little different
5 Post-Baccalaureate - a student possessing a baccalaureate degree but who has not been admitted to a graduate program and is not currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program

I am being told that we should be using the definition for the CBM001, and the others were not updated. I have reviewed quite a few catalogs from Texas universities, and they seem to have the same understanding of PB that I have, if a student has a bachelor's degree, whether or not they are degree seeking for a second bachelors, we code them as PB if they are not admitted to a grad program.

My question is, does anyone code second bachelor student's as a Senior classification, and have you always done it, or did you make a change at some point? If so, how did you make the change?

If you prefer to send your answers directly to me, here is my email address h.mcdonald at tamuct.edu

Thank you all,
Hannah

Hannah McDonald
University Registrar
Texas A&M University-Central Texas
1001 Leadership Place|Killeen, Tx 76549
Founder's Hall Rm 216 |254.519.5454

h.mcdonald at tamuct.edu<mailto:h.mcdonald at tamuct.edu>
Office of the Registrar<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.tamuct.edu_departments_registrar_index.php&d=DwMFAg&c=oqyuZuih6ykib6aKiBq22_bich4AVfYGoLertJN0bEc&r=5cwyr3ZZzjmRsIsXglBYqQ&m=zNRocTX43SFbXaj05PAi513OFZNKnp0tHQB0qUykjeM&s=STKJbDdbKs1Pz2hl9W29LkI7A3BGIAfWSCRpRpRukTs&e=>