[TACRAO] Listserv Grading policy

Justin Schilke jschilke at rice.edu
Mon Nov 16 14:03:34 CST 2020

We would allow this, but the following would have to occur:

1.       A course change proposal would need to be submitted to make the S/U
changes effective for that semester. Once approved, changes would be made on
SCACRSE. (We wouldn't make changes in SSASECT because we have a custom
grading process to handle our Pass/Fail option.) This would apply to all
sections of that course; individual sections would not be allowed to have
their own grading.*

2.       If the course needs to switch back to letter grading, a new course
change proposal would need to be submitted to make the letter grading
effective for the future term. Once approved, the changes would be made on
the future term in SCACRSE.

*There are a few exceptions to that, but those exceptions wouldn't apply
here and are already built in to the curriculum/course approval process.

Justin Schilke

Senior Associate Registrar

Office of the Registrar / Rice University

ph: 713-348-3157 / fax: 713-348-5921

 <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__registrar.rice.edu_&d=DwICAg&c=oqyuZuih6ykib6aKiBq22_bich4AVfYGoLertJN0bEc&r=5cwyr3ZZzjmRsIsXglBYqQ&m=N17Ju-K3uXmFegR7dw8uCh1CFwafsf0WZiSPsFNgwjc&s=_WFZi3P-yop3uAJLONAP6wjcRSzEl4ABHxWaLxEjlDo&e= > https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__registrar.rice.edu_&d=DwICAg&c=oqyuZuih6ykib6aKiBq22_bich4AVfYGoLertJN0bEc&r=5cwyr3ZZzjmRsIsXglBYqQ&m=N17Ju-K3uXmFegR7dw8uCh1CFwafsf0WZiSPsFNgwjc&s=_WFZi3P-yop3uAJLONAP6wjcRSzEl4ABHxWaLxEjlDo&e=

Information contained in this message may be confidential and privileged and
protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA).
If so, this information is being shared with the addressee(s) because of a
legitimate educational interest.  Any re-disclosure must be done in
accordance with FERPA.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or other use of
the contents of this message is prohibited.  If you have received this
message in error, please notify me at the contact information above.

Please take time to fill out our survey and let us know how we are doing:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__registrar.rice.edu_feedback_&d=DwICAg&c=oqyuZuih6ykib6aKiBq22_bich4AVfYGoLertJN0bEc&r=5cwyr3ZZzjmRsIsXglBYqQ&m=N17Ju-K3uXmFegR7dw8uCh1CFwafsf0WZiSPsFNgwjc&s=stwa1uaI0C9oiKeb3126lIqc4WTPSpASy8HRnNYmgOI&e= .

 <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.linkedin.com_in_justinschilke&d=DwICAg&c=oqyuZuih6ykib6aKiBq22_bich4AVfYGoLertJN0bEc&r=5cwyr3ZZzjmRsIsXglBYqQ&m=N17Ju-K3uXmFegR7dw8uCh1CFwafsf0WZiSPsFNgwjc&s=hGQJH6wxMPKEJTlE5rZ1jEoRPRnRnSWlH9S4JissKb4&e= >