[TACRAO] Listserv Grading policy

Busby, Maria REG_MZB at SHSU.EDU
Mon Nov 16 13:51:48 CST 2020

Hi Jana,

We will change the grade mode at the section level for the one section. We have had cases in the past of undergraduate courses granted graduate credit. That process started off as a mess until a few years ago when I requested the student information due to me at start of term. At that point, I would change the section level in SSASECT with the grade mode, and then take the student out of the course, re-register the student and the new grade mode would apply to that one student only.  Then we could let the faculty move on at the end of term to enter their own grades.

Hope this information helps.

Maria Busby | Director - Registrar Operations
Responsibility - Intellection -Adaptability - Input - Belief
Email: mariabusby at shsu.edu<mailto:mariabusby at shsu.edu>
Sam Houston State University
Phone:  936-294-1036
"A leader is someone who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way." ~~ Tony Evans

Sam Houston State University ~ A Member of The Texas State University System

From: tacrao-bounces at tamuc.edu <tacrao-bounces at tamuc.edu> On Behalf Of Jana Boatright
Sent: Monday, November 16, 2020 11:51 AM
To: tacrao at tamuc.edu
Subject: [TACRAO] Listserv Grading policy

Good morning,

Every now and again, we will have instructors wishing to temporarily deviate from the existing grade mode set up for their course.  Example, a course is set up with standard grading mode with grades A-F.  For one semester only, the instructor would like to grade on a S/U basis, instead of the current grading.

Since the change is only for one semester, my office ends up having to enter the grades for the instructor, which can be overwhelming at times.

Would your institution allow this change, or do you make all grading options available during the grading cycle?

Feel free to email me directly at jboatright at tamut.edu<mailto:jboatright at tamut.edu>. Thank you.

Jana Boatright

University Registrar

Texas A&M University-Texarkana

jboatright at tamut.edu<mailto:jboatright at tamut.edu>

www.tamut.edu<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.tamut.edu&d=DwMFAw&c=oqyuZuih6ykib6aKiBq22_bich4AVfYGoLertJN0bEc&r=5cwyr3ZZzjmRsIsXglBYqQ&m=X6zCUcLfVUecwX5MEg2NZokshrhcY-rbDNW7hvmnqlc&s=i70dFl3WqvuCOVNR3aPOIwwvfo9pB_Q0-fznkLNJLDc&e=>

Phone: 903-223-3047

Fax: 903-223-3140

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D6BC1F.A11C8FE0]