[TACRAO] Listserv Official Transcripts: PDF's from 3rd party

Gray, Sheila Sheila.Gray at ttu.edu
Fri Nov 8 15:32:03 CST 2019

Good afternoon!

Sheila

From: tacrao-bounces at tamuc.edu <tacrao-bounces at tamuc.edu> On Behalf Of Martinez, Jerry
Sent: Friday, November 8, 2019 10:23 AM
To: tacrao at tamuc.edu
Subject: [TACRAO] Listserv Official Transcripts: PDF's from 3rd party

Happy Friday!

I'm looking for some quick feedback as I explore streamlining some operations.

While some of these questions may seem obvious, please indulge me.

*         Do you accept the 3rd party PDF sent with link/password, to your institution as official (to clear admissions/transcript evaluate/registration)? Yes, we do!

  *   Do you 'move' that PDF into your imaging system without printing it, then scanning it? No, we must print these and then scan them into the student's file as a paper document, otherwise other departments are unable to view the document, including us once the security certificate on it expires.

        *   Once scanned, do other departments have access to view (for advising, etc.)? Yes, since it was scanned as a paper document.

*         Do you print it for any reason? If so, is it still treated as 'official' for internal purposes? Yes and yes

  *   General Imaging question: Do you shred documents shortly after being imaged? We hold paper documents for one year and then shred them.

Thanks!

Jerry

Jerry Martinez | Director of Admissions and Registrar | Brazosport College
Phone: 979.230.3221 | Fax 979.230.3376 | Email jerry.martinez at brazosport.edu<mailto:jerry.martinez at brazosport.edu>
500 College Drive | Lake Jackson, TX 77566
[cid:image003.jpg at 01D57846.0D2F38A0]