[TACRAO] Listserv [External] Official Transcripts: PDF's from 3rd party

Irene Robinson IRobinson at alvincollege.edu
Fri Nov 8 10:29:30 CST 2019

Jerry - See my answers below.

Thank you,
Irene Robinson
Registrar

On Nov 8, 2019, at 10:23 AM, Martinez, Jerry <Jerry.Martinez at brazosport.edu<mailto:Jerry.Martinez at brazosport.edu>> wrote:

Happy Friday!

I’m looking for some quick feedback as I explore streamlining some operations.

While some of these questions may seem obvious, please indulge me.

·         Do you accept the 3rd party PDF sent with link/password, to your institution as official (to clear admissions/transcript evaluate/registration)?

Yes (Parchment, Credentials, E Scrip, NSC, etc).

·         Do you ‘move’ that PDF into your imaging system without printing it, then scanning it?

Yes, we do.

§  Once scanned, do other departments have access to view (for advising, etc.)?

Yes, Advisors, Financial aid & Dept Chairs.

·         Do you print it for any reason? If so, is it still treated as ‘official’ for internal purposes?

 If necessary, yes & are considered “official duplicate of the original”

·         General Imaging question: Do you shred documents shortly after being imaged?

Yes, two weeks after imaging is our retention period.

Thanks!

Jerry

Jerry Martinez | Director of Admissions and Registrar | Brazosport College
Phone: 979.230.3221 | Fax 979.230.3376 | Email jerry.martinez at brazosport.edu<mailto:jerry.martinez at brazosport.edu>
500 College Drive | Lake Jackson, TX 77566
<image001.jpg>