[TACRAO] Listserv Drop for Non-Payment

Garrick, Connie Connie.S.Garrick at lonestar.edu
Wed Oct 10 03:15:20 CDT 2018

See answers below for Lone Star College. Sorry on my phone and numbering messed up!  Thanks!

Connie Garrick

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 9, 2018, at 10:35 PM, Beverly Goddard <bgoddard at nctc.edu<mailto:bgoddard at nctc.edu>> wrote:

NCTC is currently reviewing our processes for dropping students for non-payment and would like some input from you.

  1.  Once a student has enrolled for a given term, when is payment due? Ten days prior to term start.
  2.  How are students notified of their balance (mailed a bill, emails to student email/alternate email)? Text, robocalls, email, and their Student Center.
  3.  When do you drop students for non-payment?  Process runs after close of business that 10th day before and we drop that next morning.
  4.  How frequently do you drop for non-payment prior to the census date? After the initial purge we drop nightly until term start.

  1.  What is your criteria for dropping (no payment activity, owe more than 25%, etc)? Owes more than $100.

  1.  Are there certain groups spared from the drop for non-payment (have anticipated aid, dual credit)? Yes any anticipated six of any kind.

  1.  Do you reach out to the dropped students to encourage them to re-enroll and pay? Most of our campuses do reach out.

Thanks,
Beverly

Beverly Goddard
Associate Director of Admissions
1500 North Corinth Street
Corinth, TX  76208
940-498-6284
Fax: 940-498-6200
bgoddard at nctc.edu<mailto:bgoddard at nctc.edu>
nctc.edu<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.nctc.edu_&d=DwMFAg&c=oqyuZuih6ykib6aKiBq22_bich4AVfYGoLertJN0bEc&r=5cwyr3ZZzjmRsIsXglBYqQ&m=2YM-sPId7xAEt4NIPxewtkv5ah1QocsBPA024YTilFk&s=IBW49BCxekrWceRMyJJvQaGnUF5Bb4xmLkVgAZ3pmes&e=>
<image001.jpg>

NOTICE: This email message and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended solely for the recipient(s) to whom this email is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, do not disclose, forward or otherwise distribute or copy this email. Please notify the sender immediately that you are not the person for whom this email was intended and delete this email (and attachments) from your system. Although every possible precaution is taken by North Central Texas College, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice, the recipient should ensure that every email (and any attachment) is free of any virus or malicious content before opening it. NCTC cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments. Due to Texas' very broad public records law, most written communications to or from College employees regarding College business are public records, and available to the public and media upon request. Therefore, this e-mail communication may be subject to public disclosure.