[TACRAO] Listserv Electronic Signatures - Request for Information

Troy G. White tgwhite at etbu.edu
Tue Oct 2 09:16:16 CDT 2018

Good morning, friends!

I am not aware of anything, but I wanted to check with the experts.  Is there anything that states we must have an actual hand signature from the student giving permission to release information, or does an electronic signature count as sufficient?  In particular, I am dealing with background investigators for state or federal departments.  Most of the time, those permission forms are completed electronically.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Sincerely,

[Signature]
Troy G. White, M.Ed.
University Registrar
One Tiger Drive, Marshall, TX 75670
903-923-2060

[etbu logl]

Confidentiality Notice:  This email message, including files and attachments, is intended only for the recipient(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary and/or personal information.  Individual recipients of this email message are expected to honor the internal and confidential nature of the email and not forward it via the Internet or by any other means to persons who are not listed as addresses without proper authorization.  If you are not an intended recipient of this email, do not save, disclose, print, forward or copy this email, and delete it immediately.  Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the recipient is unauthorized and may be a violation of federal and/or state law and regulations.