[TACRAO] Listserv F-1 student visa residency

Martinez, Daniel d.mtz at exchange.tamu.edu
Thu Jul 26 15:34:07 CDT 2018

Howdy Mark, Chrissy,

Per our understanding here at A&M, the student WOULD be eligible to start establishing a domicile from the point he/she receives notice from USCIS that her application has not been rejected.

Per CHAPTER 21, SUBCHAPTER B, RULE §21.24 of the TAC:

(d) The following non-U. S. citizens are eligible to establish and maintain domicile in this state for the purposes of subsection (a)(2) or (3) of this section:

  (1) a Permanent Resident;

  (2) a person who is eligible for permanent resident status, as defined in §21.22(7) of this title (relating to Definitions);

A person eligible for permanent resident status is defined by the TAC as : -A person who has filed an I-485 application for permanent residency and has been issued a fee/filing receipt or notice of action by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) showing that his or her I-485 has been reviewed and has not been rejected.

Please let us know if you have any questions,

Daniel Martinez| Administrative Coordinator II

Office of the Registrar, Enrollment & Academic Services | Texas A&M University

0100 TAMU | College Station, TX 77843-0100

ph: 979.845.1085  |  fax: 979.845.4757 | d.mtz at tamu.edu

TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY | FEARLESS on Every Front

This message contains information which may be confidential and privileged. Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee), you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message.

Message: 1