[TACRAO] Listserv Banner Schools: Restrict Registration by Visa Status

Justin Schilke jschilke at rice.edu
Fri Mar 31 11:16:07 CDT 2017

Happy Friday -

We are just now starting to offering online courses, and our International
Students office indicated that international students on F1/J1 can only
register for 3 hours of online courses per semester. If you are a Banner
school, how do you restrict these students to ensure they only take 3 hours
of online courses? (We've never had to do something like this before, so I'm
not sure where to start.)

If you'd like to respond directly, my email is jschilke at rice.edu.

Thanks,

Justin

Justin Schilke

Associate Registrar

Office of the Registrar / Rice University

ph: 713-348-3157 / fax: 713-348-5921

 <http://registrar.rice.edu/> http://registrar.rice.edu/

Information contained in this message may be confidential and privileged and
protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA).
If so, this information is being shared with the addressee(s) because of a
legitimate educational interest.  Any re-disclosure must be done in
accordance with FERPA.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or other use of
the contents of this message is prohibited.  If you have received this
message in error, please notify me at the contact information above.

Please take time to fill out our survey and let us know how we are doing:
registrar.rice.edu/feedback/.

 <https://www.linkedin.com/in/justinschilke>
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAULAAAAJGExZGQ4ZTVkLWRiYTItNDU1My1iNWY1LWMzMjI2ZGYyNGZkZg