[TACRAO] Listserv Right to Inspect Records under FERPA

Justin Schilke jschilke at rice.edu
Tue Jun 14 13:26:38 CDT 2016

 <http://ga.rice.edu/Home.aspx?id=116> http://ga.rice.edu/Home.aspx?id=116

Inspect and review records:  A student should make written request to any
offices that maintain student education records, identifying the record(s)
the student wishes to inspect. Though not exhaustive, as a guide for
students, this is a list of offices that maintain student education records:
Office of the Registrar, Office of the Dean of Undergraduates, Office of
Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies, Office of Student Judicial Programs,
Office of Admissions, Office of Financial Aid, Center for Career
Development, Office of Student Activities, Office of Academic Advising,
Office of International Students and Scholars, Cashier's Office, and
departmental offices. The appropriate Rice official will make arrangements
for access and notify the student of the time and place where the records
may be inspected. If the records are not maintained by the Rice official to
whom the request is submitted, that Rice official will advise the student of
the correct official to whom the request should be addressed.

Amendment of records:  Any questions, problems, or written requests for
amendment of records should be submitted to the Office of the Registrar. A
student requesting to amend a record should clearly identify the part of the
record the student wants changed and specify why it should be changed. If
Rice decides not to amend the record as requested, Rice will notify the
student in writing of the decision and of the student's right to a hearing
regarding the request for amendment. Additional information regarding the
hearing procedures will be provided to the student when the student is
notified of the right to a hearing.

Justin Schilke

Associate Registrar

Office of the Registrar / Rice University

ph: 713-348-3157 / fax: 713-348-5921

 <http://registrar.rice.edu/> http://registrar.rice.edu/

Information contained in this message may be confidential and privileged and
protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA).
If so, this information is being shared with the addressee(s) because of a
legitimate educational interest.  Any re-disclosure must be done in
accordance with FERPA.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or other use of
the contents of this message is prohibited.  If you have received this
message in error, please notify me at the contact information above.

Please take time to fill out our survey and let us know how we are doing:
registrar.rice.edu/feedback/.