[TACRAO] Listserv Online Registration

Scott Branum tbranum at gc.edu
Tue Jul 12 14:27:25 CDT 2016

What student demographic groups are allowed to register online (general education students, dual credit students, workforce students)? – General education students who are TSI complete.

Are students required to be TSI complete to register online? – In general, yes (see notes below regarding developmental education students).

What is the process at your instution to become “greenlighted” to online register? – Students must be TSI complete and must have completed new student orientation (if required).

Are students allowed to online register in summer and mini sessions if they are not degree seeking students are your institution? – Yes, as long as they meet the above mentioned requirements.

Any and all information that you would like to share with me concerning your online registration policies and procedures would be greatly appreciated.  – Students who are deficient in one or more TSI areas must meet with a developmental education advisor before registering.  The advisor has the option to enter an “override” in our system to allow students to register for courses in a particular term.  Our system uses prerequisite/corequisite checking to ensure the student takes the appropriate courses.  The developmental education advisors and other department members keep a close eye on the student cohort to ensure they stay in compliance with our TSI/developmental education plan.  It is up to the advisor’s discretion on who they do/do not allow to register online; however, all dev ed students must meet with the advisor prior to registration.

--
Scott Branum
Director of Admissions/Registrar

[galveston-college-logo4-smaller]

I have a few questions concerning how other community colleges are using online registration with their students:

What student demographic groups are allowed to register online (general education students, dual credit students, workforce students)?

Are students required to be TSI complete to register online?

What is the process at your instution to become “greenlighted” to online register?

Are students allowed to online register in summer and mini sessions if they are not degree seeking students are your institution?

Any and all information that you would like to share with me concerning your online registration policies and procedures would be greatly appreciated.

Brandi Havens
Registrar
Clarendon College
(806) 874-3571 ext 107