[TACRAO] Listserv Online Registration

Andrea Liner andrea.liner at blinn.edu
Tue Jul 12 14:21:09 CDT 2016

See responses in red below from Blinn.

Andrea “Andi” Liner
Dean, Admissions and Records/Registrar
Blinn College
902 College Ave.
Brenham, TX 77833
Phone (979) 830-4413
Fax (979) 830-4110

From: tacrao-bounces at tamuc.edu [mailto:tacrao-bounces at tamuc.edu] On Behalf Of Brandi.Havens
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2016 2:08 PM
To: tacrao at tamuc.edu
Subject: [TACRAO] Listserv Online Registration

I have a few questions concerning how other community colleges are using online registration with their students:

What student demographic groups are allowed to register online (general education students, dual credit students, workforce students)? All students at Blinn credit and non-credit with the exception of dual credit.

Are students required to be TSI complete to register online? No, however, students that are not TSI complete in all areas must visit with an advisor prior to being able to register each semester online. The hold preventing registration is released when they speak with an advisor and then they can register online.

What is the process at your instution to become “greenlighted” to online register? New students to the college – they must be registration ready, this means they have completed an application, have a TSI status and have submitted bacterial meningitis proof, if needed. Students lacking college transcripts, if applicable, will have roadblocks due to prerequisites so that is how we tackle the need for college transcripts. We require the unofficial high school transcript be submitted if no college work to be registration ready. Current students, TSI complete can register online when registration opens, non-TSI complete can register after seeing an advisor

Are students allowed to online register in summer and mini sessions if they are not degree seeking students are your institution? Yes if they have the appropriate placement for the class

Any and all information that you would like to share with me concerning your online registration policies and procedures would be greatly appreciated. I’ll be happy to talk if you have any further questions.  We have become fairly proficient with online registration.

Brandi Havens
Registrar
Clarendon College
(806) 874-3571 ext 107