[TACRAO] Listserv Question

Lothringer, Robert rlothringer at mail.twu.edu
Mon Apr 11 09:42:45 CDT 2016

Well, in my opinion that all depends on how you have your FERPA policy worded and whether or not you specify high school counselors as school officials for the purposes of dual credit enrollment.  It could get murky.

That’s why we just have the students sign a release that allows us to share their academic information with both their high school officials and their parents prior to the grade being applied/transferred back to the high school.  It just takes the whole issue off the table.