[TACRAO] Listserv Core Complete

David Short david.short at lamar.edu
Tue Apr 5 10:42:14 CDT 2016

Jerry,

In both cases, I'd say core is met and get the student graduated.

The only time students have issues with "preferred" core courses is where
the particular preferred course is also a prerequisite to a higher-level
course needed to complete the degree (mostly seen with math courses for
engineering majors). At that point, they're still core complete, but they
have additional requirements they need to meet to fulfill the degree
requirements.

That doesn't sound like the case in your examples. I'd graduate the
students.

W. David Short, Jr.
Registrar
Lamar University