[TACRAO] Listserv Core Complete

Jerry Martinez jerry.martinez01 at utrgv.edu
Tue Apr 5 10:27:03 CDT 2016

I feel like we've discussed this at length over the years but here we go.......

How would you handle the following?

*         Regular, non-transfer student that is core complete are your institution and is declaring/changing majors and the new major has a 'preferred' core class(es) not listed with the other courses under the specific major, minor, restricted electives, etc. Does the student need to take the additional core classes?

*         Transfer student who transferred in as core complete from another Texas Public Institution. The external core is equal in the amount of hours to the core at your institution and the student is declaring/changing majors and the new major has a 'preferred' core class(es) not listed with the other courses under the specific major, minor, restricted electives, etc. Does the student need to take the additional core classes?

In both scenarios, if the student is being certified for graduation and the student has meet the minimum overall hours for the degree without the preferred core class the department is requesting, what would be the appropriate course of action?

Thanks!

Jerry

[cid:8635F6C8-B57B-482C-BD71-4C8544E01ACC]
THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS
RIO GRANDE VALLEY

UTRGV.EDU

Jerry R. Martinez