[TACRAO] Listserv Copying Military IDs

Talamantes, Michael John mtalaman at utep.edu
Mon Aug 24 13:56:35 CDT 2015

Hello again!

We require students who are active military and/or students whose parents are active military parent(s) to submit a Military waiver along with a copy of the active duty Military ID.  Typically, these students are non-resident seeking in-state tuition.  We received feedback from students/parents stating that we cannot and should not request copies of Military IDs as per an Unclassified Security Bulletin from the Department of Defense dated in 2011.

I'd appreciate any insight.  You can reply to the listerv or to me directly.

Thank you,

Michael

Michael John Talamantes, M.Ed.
Director, Office of Admissions and Recruitment
The University of Texas at El Paso
Mike Loya Academic Services Building, Room 102
500 W. University Ave., El Paso, Texas 79968
915.747.7354
mtalaman at utep.edu<mailto:mtalaman at utep.edu>

[cid:7EB216BE-8320-4CA0-8947-61BB739FF20B]