[TACRAO] Listserv Diploma Tubes

KLIMITCHEK, Missy Missy.Klimitchek at victoriacollege.edu
Mon Sep 22 10:24:58 CDT 2014

Good Morning All!

Here is the pic of the diploma cabinet many of you asked about.  When we first moved to tubes two years ago, we looked at having some sort of cabinet/tube rack built and it was quite expensive.  Luckily, we have a wood shop in our Maintenance department with some very skilled craftsmen.  This was built in-house here at VC by one of our cabinet/wood ship staff.  We love it!  It holds 342 diplomas.  It has recessed wheels on it so it is easy to move around.  It is just in our storage area right now, but when it is on the stage, we have a nice flower arrangement sitting on top.  During the ceremony, we leave it closed until the time comes to hand out the diplomas.  Once we are finished, we closed it back up.  It is very "ceremonial". :)

We confer degrees prior to graduation so our tubes have the actual diplomas in them.  We have the student's names on the end of each tube.  Since we only have a Spring ceremony, sometimes we have students who have already graduated walking the stage.  Their tube has a congratulations letter and information about how they can obtain copies of their final transcripts, etc.  I will say that since the tubes actually have the student's diplomas in them, it takes quite a bit of coordination to make sure the right student receives the right tube.  We do a lot of checking and double-checking prior to graduation.

If you are interested in more specific details on the cabinet, I am sure our Wood Shop/Cabinet tech who designed this would be willing to share his plans with you.

[cid:image006.jpg at 01CFD64F.75A805E0]

[cid:image012.jpg at 01CFD64F.75A805E0]

Here is a pic with one of my staff members standing next to it so you can see how large it is.  The cabinet is 6'6" tall.
[cid:image010.png at 01CFD64F.0CBD0B70]

Have a great week!
Missy

Missy Klimitchek, Registrar
Admissions and Records
[cid:image013.jpg at 01CFD64F.75A805E0]
2200 East Red River | Victoria, TX 77901
(361) 572-6407 | missy.klimitchek at victoriacollege.edu