[TACRAO] Listserv Transcript Requests

George W. Weir George.Weir at tamuk.edu
Thu Sep 18 10:54:02 CDT 2014

See response below.  Thanks,

George W. Weir

University Registrar

Texas A&M University-Kingsville

700 University Blvd

MSC 105

Kingsville, Texas 78363

Voice - 361-593-2811

Fax - 361-593-2195

From: tacrao-bounces at tamuc.edu [mailto:tacrao-bounces at tamuc.edu] On
Behalf Of Martha Fothergill
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2014 9:19 AM
To: tacrao at tamuc.edu
Subject: [TACRAO] Listserv Transcript Requests

We are reviewing our methods for processing of, and delivery of,
official transcripts. Specifically our questions deal with students who
are not local and are unable to come to our office to pick up their
transcripts and they are sending in their request forms.

Your response with answers to the following would be very helpful.

1)      Approximate time frame for completion of request (from receipt
of request form to sending transcript)  We advertise 3 to 5 working
days; however we usually have them in the mail within 48 hours of
receiving the request.

2)      Do you ever "rush" the clearing process for a student, and if so
do you charge an additional fee? How much?  Yes but we do not charge.
Students pay a flat transcript fee each semester they are registered as
a student.

3)      If you are willing to "rush" the clearing process, and
electronic delivery is not possible, are you willing to send the
transcript "overnight" via FedEX.  If so, what are the charges involved?
We ask that they provide a paid account number for us to use on the
label.

4)      If you are willing to "overnight" transcripts, do you have the
ability to do this via your campus mail service or must someone from
your office make a special trip to a FedEX provider?  We have "boxes"
where FedEx will pick up in the afternoon.  If we get the request in
time, we will put it in the box for pick up.  We do not make a special
trip to a downtown site.

5)      Any other information you feel would be helpful to us? I hope to
partner with the National Student Clearing House to offer an electronic
delivery option.  If you have questions, you can e-mail me at
George.weir at tamuk.edu.

Your time to respond is very much appreciated.