[TACRAO] Listserv Transcript Requests

Brown, Michael mbrown at utdallas.edu
Thu Sep 18 12:05:46 CDT 2014

Response from UT Dallas below.

Mike Brown
Assistant Registrar
The University of Texas at Dallas
mbrown at utdallas.edu<mailto:mbrown at utdallas.edu>

From: tacrao-bounces at tamuc.edu [mailto:tacrao-bounces at tamuc.edu] On Behalf Of Martha Fothergill
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2014 9:19 AM
To: tacrao at tamuc.edu
Subject: [TACRAO] Listserv Transcript Requests

We are reviewing our methods for processing of, and delivery of, official transcripts. Specifically our questions deal with students who are not local and are unable to come to our office to pick up their transcripts and they are sending in their request forms.

Your response with answers to the following would be very helpful.

1)      Approximate time frame for completion of request (from receipt of request form to sending transcript) We advertise 3 to 5 working days on our website, but usually have paper transcripts printed and mailed on the next business day after the order is placed online.  We partner with Parchment for online ordering and payment.  Our eTranscripts are produced and sent within 20 minutes of the order.

2)      Do you ever "rush" the clearing process for a student, and if so do you charge an additional fee? How much? Day to day processing makes this unnecessary for most but we can bump an order to the front if required by circumstances.  Students pay a $10 per transcript fee overall, no special rush fee except for the extra shipping below.

3)      If you are willing to "rush" the clearing process, and electronic delivery is not possible, are you willing to send the transcript "overnight" via FedEX.  If so, what are the charges involved?  Our paper orders have an Express option that comes at a premium of an added $10 for domestic or $25 for international shipping.  We ship by FedEx in this instance.

4)      If you are willing to "overnight" transcripts, do you have the ability to do this via your campus mail service or must someone from your office make a special trip to a FedEX provider? Our campus mail services picks up our mail two to three times a day and by special request if necessary.  The FedEx packages are picked up from campus mail services once a day at 5pm.

5)      Any other information you feel would be helpful to us?

Your time to respond is very much appreciated.