[TACRAO] Listserv Scheduling Question

Lynda S. Langham llangham at sfasu.edu
Fri May 9 10:40:01 CDT 2014

SFA's responses are below.

Lynda Langham

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lynda Langham '03
Registrar
Stephen F. Austin State University
PO Box 13050
Nacogdoches, TX 75962-3050
Phone: 936-468-2120
Fax: 936-468-7638

[cid:image003.jpg at 01CDEDC0.588271E0]

[cid:image003.jpg at 01CF6B73.069A72B0]<https://www.facebook.com/SFARegistrarsOffice>  [cid:image004.jpg at 01CF6B73.069A72B0] <https://twitter.com/SFARegistrar>

             [http://www.buttongenerator.com/temp2/temp74107482up.png] <http://www.sfasu.edu/registrar/>

From: tacrao-bounces at tamuc.edu [mailto:tacrao-bounces at tamuc.edu] On Behalf Of Stoker, Dr. Susan
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2014 9:20 AM
To: tacrao at tamuc.edu
Subject: [TACRAO] Listserv Scheduling Question

We at Tarleton are benchmarking how other schools do their scheduling. If you could please answer the questions if you are a school that has 10,000 or more Headcount. Thanks!
(And this is not about scheduling rooms, only putting the schedule into the computer system)

1)      How many people are at your school? 13,000

2)     Is your scheduling centralized (done in one office) or decentralized (spread out on campus) or a mixture (some departments do some parts of the scheduling, but most is done in one office?) decentralized; Registrar's office rolls previous semester schedule, but academic departments update their own course offerings

3)      If centralized, how many people do you have inputting the schedule and making changes?

4)     Do you use an external program/software to help with scheduling? (i.e. Courseleaf WEN or Ad Astra or something) No

5)     If you use Banner, and you are decentralized or have a mixture, what do you give departments access to in Banner? SSASECT - All of it? Parts of it? Etc All of SSASECT

Any info you all can give would be helpful as we look at our own processes and try to make them more effective. Thanks.

Susan

Susan Stoker, Ph.D.
Registrar
Box T-0620 | Tarleton State University | Stephenville, TX 76402
Phone (254) 968-9120             Fax     (254) 968-9389
                                          www.tarleton.edu/registrar<http://www.tarleton.edu/registrar>
[Tarleton logo]