[TACRAO] Listserv 6-drop Rule Question

Ledesma, Lourdes Ledesma at uhcl.edu
Tue Nov 12 09:46:27 CST 2013

Need your take on the following scenario regarding the 6-drop rule;

As we know, the 6 drop rule applies to first-time undergraduate at any Texas public community college in the fall of 2007 or later.  I have a student who first attended college as an undergraduate in 1983 at an out of state college/university.  After several years later, he moved to Texas and began attending a Texas public community college for the first time in 2010 to continue he undergraduate studies.  He's not a first-time undergraduate, but he is a first-time undergraduate at a Texas public community college as of 2010.

Wouldn't this student be exempt from the rule?

[SigLine_UHCL_3COLOR.tif]Lourdes Ledesma
Associate Registrar
2700 Bay Area Blvd
Houston, Texas 77058
(281)283-2537 FAX (281)283-2530
ledesma at uhcl.edu<mailto:ledesma at uhcl.edu>
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and attachments are intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. University policy restricts the dissemination of certain data and any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.