[TACRAO] Listserv General Studies Major with Minor

Chris Wood cwood at etbu.edu
Tue Jun 18 16:54:46 CDT 2013

Barbara—

At ETBU we have a University Studies major (similar to your General Studies major) that requires a student to complete 39 advanced hours toward a 120 hour degree. These courses can be any mixture of upper-level courses, as long as they are 39.

This major does not have a minor. However, no other major or minor we have allows a student to count courses dually in a major/2nd major, major/minor, or minor/2nd minor. The only part of a degree plan where a course is allowed to count dually is in the Gen. Ed. and a major/minor.

Even then, only the course is allowed to count in both places, the hours only count once.

For these reasons, if we were to allow a student to add a minor to his/her University Studies major, I can tell you with considerable certainty we would not allow them to count a course in the minor that was required by the major.

I hope this helps.

Chris

[cid:1.2228911491 at web33703.mail.mud.yahoo.com]

Chris Wood | Registrar | East Texas Baptist University

One Tiger Drive | Marshall, TX  75670 | cwood at etbu.edu<mailto:cwood at etbu.edu>  | (903) 923-2060

Confidentiality Statement: This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain confidential information belonging to the sender. This information is only for the use of the individual(s) or entities for whom it was intended, even if addressed incorrectly. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately. You are hereby notified that you must delete this e-mail, including any attachments, from your system, and any disclosure, copying, distribution, or any other action in reliance on the information is strictly prohibited. Thank you for your compliance.