[TACRAO] Listserv TACRAO Live Database Updates

Stan DeMerritt demerritt at wbu.edu
Wed Jun 19 17:43:41 CDT 2013

Everyone,
Thank you for your patience over the last several days with the roll out of the new site.  I would like to give you an update on the status of several requests and changes that have been made since going live.  Also, I apologize for this being long.

College Day/Night Program CSV Export - several have noticed that there were issues with times appearing correctly on the event and then in the export the time was different.  This has been fixed and the export is working fine.  Please do remember that the High School Relations Committee will be updating all of the event data in the database to assure that you have the latest updates at your fingertips.

Issues with Internet Explorer - several issues with downloading the CSV file on the program have been encountered as well as the loss of graphic interface.  If you are experiencing any of these issues, please let me know.  They are being corrected as soon as they are discovered.  However, if you are using Firefox, Chrome, or Safari you will not experience these same types of issues.

Server Response Time - right after we launched the new site we crashed their servers three times before 11AM.  They have moved us to beefier servers and it appears that issues have been resolved.  They are monitoring the traffic on the site constantly.

Password Reset Emails - I have received a lot of requests to change passwords and have tried to respond as quickly as possible to your emails.  In the next few days I will be backing off and possibly only answering a few times a day (noon, late in the afternoon, and evening).  If you need immediate assistance please use the high importance status in your email priority.

Registering on the System - folks have tried to register in the system that are not TACRAO members but are from TACRAO institutions or are not receiving the password reset email.  At this time I am responding to the individual and the institutional contact in the afternoons.  If you believe you need immediate assistance please shoot me a high importance email or call me at the office.

Usernames - the username to gain access to the system is your email address that we have on record.  Usually I indicate this when resetting passwords.  If your email has changed, I can change your username to reflect the new address, if you so desire.

Changing a Password - if I reset your password or you would like to reset your own password, when in the system click on the Member Directory and then on Your Profile.

Profiles of Day/Night Rep or Institutional Rep - now that you have access to correct your own profile, many folks are taking the liberty to click on the profile type.  Each institution should only have one of each representative and those were identified before we went live.  If you are unsure, please back out of your profile edits and look at the member directory and do a search on your institution.  The last two columns (may have to scroll over) will indicate a yes or no as to your profile as a representative.

2013-14 Membership Dues Invoices - in the next few weeks I will start creating the invoices for the membership dues.  Information was sent to each institutional contact when instructions were sent late last week.  Institutional contacts should check the invoice tab next to the logout button to see if one is pending and determine if it should be corrected.  My goal is to have all invoices prepared no later than Friday, July 5.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me directly via phone or email.

Again, thank you for your understanding during this time of transition.  I think we have a good foundational product that is going to serve the association for a long time.

Stan DeMerritt, Ph.D.
Associate Academic Vice President
SACSCOC Liaison
Wayland Baptist University
1900 W. 7th St., WBU 1258
Plainview, TX 79072
(806) 291-3416
Fax (806) 291-1953

Wayland Baptist University exists to educate students in an academically challenging, learning-focused and distinctively Christian environment for professional success and service to God and humankind.

Play is the greatest research.  Albert Einstein
The most sophisticated people I know - inside they are all children.  Jim Henson

P Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail & any attachments.  Consider using Ecofont, Calibri, or Century Gothic fonts to conserve printer toner or ink.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  The materials in this electronic mail transmission, including all attachment(s), are private and confidential and are the property of Wayland Baptist University.  The information contained in the material is privileged and is intended only for the use of the named addressee(s).  If you are not the intended addressee, be advised that any unauthorized disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this material is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to the email or by telephone at (806) 291-1000, and then destroy it immediately.