[TACRAO] Listserv Imaging Class Rosters

Inglish, Darla darla.inglish at mwsu.edu
Tue Jun 18 14:32:18 CDT 2013

We still do until such time as Banner has a better procedure for taking attendance on line.  We use the class rolls to catch when instructors note things such as the student has never attended, our dean of students tries to locate the student so that they will not receive unnecessary bad grades.  We also use the roll sheets for the purpose of when we "void" the students for non-payment or not having appropriate payment arrangements by census day, that is how the instructor and students know is that their name disappears from the roll sheet and they will have to pay and get reinstated.  (Emails also go out to students saying they were invalidated.)   We consider our census roll sheet an official document.  I would be interested to know if anyone has been told it is not.
Thanks,
Darla

Darla Inglish, Registrar
Midwestern State University