[TACRAO] Listserv Course Duplications

Justin Schilke jschilke at rice.edu
Thu Feb 22 11:21:21 CST 2024

For Rice:

https://ga.rice.edu/undergraduate-students/academic-policies-procedures/transfer-credit/

…students will not receive transfer credit for courses previously completed at Rice with a passing grade, with the exception of courses designated as repeatable for credit.

And

Generally, grades earned for transfer credit are not entered on the Rice transcript, and transferred courses have no effect on a student's Rice grade point average. However, where coursework taken at other institutions has been approved by the faculty as an explicitly specified component to a program's curriculum, the courses will be entered on the transcript and counted in the student's Rice grade point average (including grades lower than C-).

So—it depends if they previously passed the course and our transfer courses don’t count (normally) to GPA so it wouldn’t affect honors.

Justin

Justin Schilke

Deputy Registrar

Office of the Registrar / Rice University

ph: 713-348-3157 / fax: 713-348-5921

 <http://registrar.rice.edu/> http://registrar.rice.edu/

 <https://calendly.com/justin-schilke> Schedule a Meeting with Me

Information contained in this message may be confidential and privileged and protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA).  If so, this information is being shared with the addressee(s) because of a legitimate educational interest.  Any re-disclosure must be done in accordance with FERPA.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or other use of the contents of this message is prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify me at the contact information above.

Please take time to fill out our survey and let us know how we are doing:  <https://registrar.rice.edu/feedback/> https://registrar.rice.edu/feedback/.