[TACRAO] Listserv Legislative Update

Rexroat, Jodie jrexroat at mail.smu.edu
Mon Apr 24 10:04:02 CDT 2023

Morning TACRAO:

Last week one bill became the first from our list to pass in both chambers; SB 159- Relating to eligibility requirements for a certified public accountant certificate and to take the uniform CPA examination.

Two additional bills were voted out of committee in the second chamber:

SB 10- Relating to contributions to, benefits from, and the administration of systems and programs administered by the Teacher Retirement System of Texas.

SB 1325- Relating to the notice given to certain victims of family violence, stalking, harassment, or terroristic threat.

A large number of bills were passed by the first chamber so I won't list the captions here.

HB 105
HB 1912
SB 11
SB 526
SB 1711
HB 750
HB 2100
SB 17
SB 646
SB 1758
HB 1114
HB 2132
SB 18
SB 695
SB 2123
HB 1142
HB 2411
SB 55
SB 867
SB 2139
HB 1323
HB 3211
SB 68
SB 999
SB 2196
HB 1595
HB 3287
SB 164
SB 1047
HB 1604
HB 4997
SB 200
SB 1055
HB 1760
HJR 3
SB 336
SB 1518

Jodie Rexroat, TACRAO, Legislative Issues Chair

Jodie Rexroat
Manager, Degree Programs and Services
Division of Enrollment Services
Southern Methodist University