[TACRAO] Listserv Question on post-bacc or post-master's certificates and if you post on your transcript

Wilson, Jamie jamie.wilson at msutexas.edu
Mon Jan 10 20:09:18 CST 2022

Dear University Registrar Folks,

We have several post-baccalaureate and post-master's certificates that our departments have, but these are not part of our official degree auditing process.  We do not "confer" or post these as awarded certificates in our student system.  The departments who have these do their own internal checking and may (or may not) provide their own unofficial-type certificate for the students.  I assume that some of you may have some similar to this.

Question:  Do you put anything on your transcript that indicates the certificate was complete?  (Maybe just a transcript text, or something similar?)

We have a department that is asking for this to be done because it might help students who send transcripts to licensing entities or employers to know that the certificate was complete.

Any information on things similar that you do (or if you do not do), would be appreciated!

Thanks! -- Jamie

Jamie Wilson
Interim Registrar

 [cid:image001.png at 01D419C7.A993D090] <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__msutexas.edu_&d=DwIFAg&c=oqyuZuih6ykib6aKiBq22_bich4AVfYGoLertJN0bEc&r=5cwyr3ZZzjmRsIsXglBYqQ&m=GypLKLqMhj30IwaRqT_DPSF2ZYGcrXilo-5BlKLWhxU&s=myzr1-MhZLslu-ykHRbk_tNzObJrnwhE2qmWKLYNRzo&e= >

MIDWESTERN STATE UNIVERSITY
A Member of the Texas Tech University System
3410 Taft Boulevard
Wichita Falls, Texas 76308-2099
msutexas.edu<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__msutexas.edu_&d=DwIFAg&c=oqyuZuih6ykib6aKiBq22_bich4AVfYGoLertJN0bEc&r=5cwyr3ZZzjmRsIsXglBYqQ&m=GypLKLqMhj30IwaRqT_DPSF2ZYGcrXilo-5BlKLWhxU&s=myzr1-MhZLslu-ykHRbk_tNzObJrnwhE2qmWKLYNRzo&e= >