[TACRAO] Listserv Course Title Change

Justin Schilke jschilke at rice.edu
Mon Sep 20 16:20:22 CDT 2021

We would allow it if all the curriculum approvers agreed. In this case, it
would need to be approved by the department chair and dean.

If we thought, despite what the requestor said, that the course was actually
changing content due to other evidence that we have, our office can trigger
an additional review by one of the School Course Review Committees; the
department would then need to show that it wasn't a change in content and
therefore not a new course. That review would happen after the dean's
review, so department chair-->dean-->school committee. If they determined it
was a new course and not simply a name change, then it would get a new
number.

Justin Schilke

Senior Associate Registrar

Office of the Registrar / Rice University

ph: 713-348-3157 / fax: 713-348-5921

 <http://registrar.rice.edu/> http://registrar.rice.edu/

 <https://calendly.com/justin-schilke> Schedule a Meeting with Me

Information contained in this message may be confidential and privileged and
protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA).
If so, this information is being shared with the addressee(s) because of a
legitimate educational interest.  Any re-disclosure must be done in
accordance with FERPA.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or other use of
the contents of this message is prohibited.  If you have received this
message in error, please notify me at the contact information above.

Please take time to fill out our survey and let us know how we are doing:
<https://registrar.rice.edu/feedback/> https://registrar.rice.edu/feedback/.