[TACRAO] Listserv Administrative drop policy

Martinez, Jerry Jerry.Martinez at brazosport.edu
Thu Sep 9 09:13:23 CDT 2021

Hi, Jana.

We do - effective Fall 2020.

Faculty report non-attending students around ORD/Census. They report through the faculty portal and our office extracts this information. We then share this list with FA/Vets/etc., for review, and we provide a deadline to these offices to notify us of any last-minute changes to the list. We then drop them with an effective date that reverses all charges/provides a full refund. We try to get this list to FA before disbursements and we're getting better.

This policy is fully supported by the institution as it allows students to 'start fresh' the next semester without any tuition being owed and avoiding W/F grades. In my opinion, this approach could increase retention numbers while demonstrating a clear commitment to student success.

Best,

Jerry

Jerry Martinez | Director of Admissions and Registrar | Brazosport College
Phone: 979.230.3221 | Fax 979.230.3376 | Email jerry.martinez at brazosport.edu<mailto:jerry.martinez at brazosport.edu>
500 College Drive | Lake Jackson, TX 77566