[TACRAO] Listserv Farewell TACRAO

Sam Carrell scarrell at uttyler.edu
Mon Sep 6 14:26:49 CDT 2021

TACRAO Colleagues,

I've put this off until the very end, partly because it is so bittersweet to write, but as of this email I have left Texas and TACRAO. Starting tomorrow, I am stepping into the role of University Registrar with the University of Maine.

Texas has been my home my entire life, and TACRAO has been my professional family - and the source of more than a few friendships - for over a decade now. Leaving both is one of the toughest things I've ever done, and I will miss seeing everyone at the annual conferences more than I have the words to express. I sincerely hope to see some of you at future AACRAO or other conferences going forward!

Thank you all for the opportunity to serve the organization this past year with the Legislative Issues Committee - it was a true pleasure.

For anyone wanting to reach out, I keep an active profile over on LinkedIn, and already have connections with many of you there. My new email at U. Maine will be william.carrell at maine.edu<mailto:william.carrell at maine.edu> if anyone wants to catch me there as well, and for those of you who have my cell, give me a call any time.

I'd write more, but the words are failing me, so I'll close by saying that I wish the best for everyone in Texas, and hope that each of your paths are filled with opportunity and great memories going forward.

Thank you,

Dr. Sam Carrell, Ph.D., M.B.A.

Associate Registrar for Graduation, Curriculum, and Policy

Office of the Registrar

The University of Texas at Tyler

Ph: (903) 565-5925

Fax: (903) 565-5705

UT Tyler Honor Code:  I embrace honor and integrity.  Therefore, I choose not to lie, cheat, or steal, nor to accept the actions of those who do.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This E-Mail communication (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act 18, U.S.C 2510-2521, is confidential and/or legally privileged and is protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or use in any way of the contents of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please reply to the sender that you have received this message in error, and then delete it. Thank You.

FERPA NOTICE: Additionally, these records are protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act and are provided to the intended recipient under an exception to the Act found in Section 99.32. These records must be maintained confidentially and may not be redisclosed. They must be destroyed when your legitimate educational interest no longer exists.