[TACRAO] Listserv Legislative Update

Sam Carrell scarrell at uttyler.edu
Tue Jun 22 11:00:57 CDT 2021

Happy Tuesday TACRAO!

As of today 49 of the 50 bills the committee tracked to the Governor's desk
have become law. One, SB 36, was vetoed by Governor Abbott on 6/18.

The latest spreadsheet has a link to the final text analysis from the TLO
website on each bill, as well as their effective dates. For SB 36, which has
its own tab, there is a link to the veto proclamation.

If any TACRAO members are aware of any bills that the committee may have
missed along the way, please don't hesitate to reach out and we'll add those
in to our ongoing reviews of the slate of new laws ahead of the summer and
fall meetings.

Thank you,

Dr. Sam Carrell, Ph.D., M.B.A.

Associate Registrar for Graduation, Curriculum, and Policy

Office of the Registrar

The University of Texas at Tyler

Ph: (903) 565-5925

Fax: (903) 565-5705

UT Tyler Honor Code:  I embrace honor and integrity.  Therefore, I choose
not to lie, cheat, or steal, nor to accept the actions of those who do.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This E-Mail communication (including attachments) is
covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act 18, U.S.C 2510-2521, is
confidential and/or legally privileged and is protected from disclosure. If
retention, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or use in any
way of the contents of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please
reply to the sender that you have received this message in error, and then
delete it. Thank You.

FERPA NOTICE: Additionally, these records are protected by the Family
Educational Rights and Privacy Act and are provided to the intended
recipient under an exception to the Act found in Section 99.32. These
records must be maintained confidentially and may not be redisclosed. They
must be destroyed when your legitimate educational interest no longer
exists.