[TACRAO] Listserv resetting self-service Banner log-in

Justin Schilke jschilke at rice.edu
Tue Jan 5 09:20:30 CST 2021

Since we switched to Single Sign On (SSO) for SSB access for most
individuals, those credentials are resent through our IT Helpdesk, although
it is normally done through a website (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__mynetid.rice.edu_recover_&d=DwICAg&c=oqyuZuih6ykib6aKiBq22_bich4AVfYGoLertJN0bEc&r=5cwyr3ZZzjmRsIsXglBYqQ&m=GmZCQ8gTYUZ0CGns_m-6yz8GIz7HGs72MSb9YsKahZ4&s=qf9BeEFfZZJh-gKeKUlwR_80T911gj4Xh6P7JKmaaQw&e= )
and can be done 24/7. Prior to switching over to SSO, our office reset PINs
for students. We would typically only do it during working hours, although
during some peak times of the year it was done after hours and weekends.

For those individuals (some faculty/staff/retirees) who still use the ID/PIN
method, those are reset by HR as needed. I'm not sure about their reset
schedule.

Justin Schilke

Senior Associate Registrar

Office of the Registrar / Rice University

ph: 713-348-3157 / fax: 713-348-5921

 <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__registrar.rice.edu_&d=DwICAg&c=oqyuZuih6ykib6aKiBq22_bich4AVfYGoLertJN0bEc&r=5cwyr3ZZzjmRsIsXglBYqQ&m=GmZCQ8gTYUZ0CGns_m-6yz8GIz7HGs72MSb9YsKahZ4&s=Wr_VEKjQNXQth9pdtwfNdZRxOldabU0eu96XUkG4ivQ&e= > https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__registrar.rice.edu_&d=DwICAg&c=oqyuZuih6ykib6aKiBq22_bich4AVfYGoLertJN0bEc&r=5cwyr3ZZzjmRsIsXglBYqQ&m=GmZCQ8gTYUZ0CGns_m-6yz8GIz7HGs72MSb9YsKahZ4&s=Wr_VEKjQNXQth9pdtwfNdZRxOldabU0eu96XUkG4ivQ&e=

Information contained in this message may be confidential and privileged and
protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA).
If so, this information is being shared with the addressee(s) because of a
legitimate educational interest.  Any re-disclosure must be done in
accordance with FERPA.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or other use of
the contents of this message is prohibited.  If you have received this
message in error, please notify me at the contact information above.

Please take time to fill out our survey and let us know how we are doing:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__registrar.rice.edu_feedback_&d=DwICAg&c=oqyuZuih6ykib6aKiBq22_bich4AVfYGoLertJN0bEc&r=5cwyr3ZZzjmRsIsXglBYqQ&m=GmZCQ8gTYUZ0CGns_m-6yz8GIz7HGs72MSb9YsKahZ4&s=CSmxkydtOHFt0hDTbYUj2_SpmeDTTabft9wMLrpLd8Q&e= .

 <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.linkedin.com_in_justinschilke&d=DwICAg&c=oqyuZuih6ykib6aKiBq22_bich4AVfYGoLertJN0bEc&r=5cwyr3ZZzjmRsIsXglBYqQ&m=GmZCQ8gTYUZ0CGns_m-6yz8GIz7HGs72MSb9YsKahZ4&s=cMHj8D3Q1UAAOXDfcBRYItkkVN6u98Bu2a-bx-n6xWE&e= >