[TACRAO] Listserv Legislative Update 4/23/2021

Sam Carrell scarrell at uttyler.edu
Fri Apr 23 14:06:33 CDT 2021

Happy Friday TACRAO!

As the Legislature continues to move quickly on the bills that are in
motion, this week saw another several committee meetings and chamber votes,
which meant a lot of updates to the spreadsheet. The attached file is
current as of 1:30PM CST today.

To help better keep track of exactly how far along each bill is, we've added
a new field this week: Bill Stage. The Legislature's website offers a
tracker for stages 1 - Filed through 7 - Bill Becomes Law. For our purposes
we've add a Stage 0 for bills that have bene filed and referred (the minimum
at this point) but have not been scheduled to be heard by their committee.
Stage 1 we've redefined to mean a bill that has been at least scheduled for
its first public hearing, but hasn't yet passed Committee.  With those
changes, our key values (included in the Excel) are as follow:

Stage

Description

0

Filed, Not Yet Scheduled for First Hearing

1

Scheduled for Committee Hearing in First Chamber

2

Out of House/Senate Committee

3

Voted on by House/Senate

4

Out of Committee in Second Chamber

5

Voted on by Second Chamber

6

Governor Action

7

Bill Becomes Law

We've moved all 179 bills still at Stage 0 into a separate tab from those
that are in motion at some level. If/when any of those start to move, we'll
place them over on the 'main' tab.

Here are some quick highlights from the sheet this week:

.         The current breakdown of the 115 'in motion' bills classified in
Stages 1-7 stands as follows:

o   Stages 5-7:          N/A

o   Stage 4:                3 (HB 33, HB 1522, and SB 788)

o   Stage 3:                37

o   Stage 2:                23

o   Stage 1:                52

.         All bills in the HCR and HJR categories are still at Stage 0

.         SB 513 has been placed back on the intent calendar after stalling
previously

.         Three bills, HB 332, SB 1699 and SB 1889, are currently stalled

Thank you,

Dr. Sam Carrell, Ph.D., M.B.A.

Associate Registrar for Graduation, Curriculum, and Policy

Office of the Registrar

The University of Texas at Tyler

Ph: (903) 565-5925

Fax: (903) 565-5705

UT Tyler Honor Code:  I embrace honor and integrity.  Therefore, I choose
not to lie, cheat, or steal, nor to accept the actions of those who do.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This E-Mail communication (including attachments) is
covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act 18, U.S.C 2510-2521, is
confidential and/or legally privileged and is protected from disclosure. If
retention, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or use in any
way of the contents of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please
reply to the sender that you have received this message in error, and then
delete it. Thank You.

FERPA NOTICE: Additionally, these records are protected by the Family
Educational Rights and Privacy Act and are provided to the intended
recipient under an exception to the Act found in Section 99.32. These
records must be maintained confidentially and may not be redisclosed. They
must be destroyed when your legitimate educational interest no longer
exists.