[TACRAO] Listserv Legislative Update - 4/9/2021

Sam Carrell scarrell at uttyler.edu
Fri Apr 9 16:24:18 CDT 2021

TACRAO Colleagues,

Please find attached this week's legislative update spreadsheet.

There has been flurry of activity lately, and we now have our first set of
eight bills to successfully pass one chamber and be received by the other -
half of them have already been referred to committee in the second chamber.
This set has been bumped to the top of the Excel, and coded orange.

There are also three bills currently in 'reported engrossed' status that may
be following suit and clearing their initial chamber soon; they are coded
yellow.

All others bills with noted committee actions are coded light blue, with
those that have been referred but haven't yet seen any action still in
white.

Thank you,

Dr. Sam Carrell, Ph.D., M.B.A.

Associate Registrar for Graduation, Curriculum, and Policy

Office of the Registrar

The University of Texas at Tyler

Ph: (903) 565-5925

Fax: (903) 565-5705

UT Tyler Honor Code:  I embrace honor and integrity.  Therefore, I choose
not to lie, cheat, or steal, nor to accept the actions of those who do.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This E-Mail communication (including attachments) is
covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act 18, U.S.C 2510-2521, is
confidential and/or legally privileged and is protected from disclosure. If
retention, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or use in any
way of the contents of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please
reply to the sender that you have received this message in error, and then
delete it. Thank You.

FERPA NOTICE: Additionally, these records are protected by the Family
Educational Rights and Privacy Act and are provided to the intended
recipient under an exception to the Act found in Section 99.32. These
records must be maintained confidentially and may not be redisclosed. They
must be destroyed when your legitimate educational interest no longer
exists.