[TACRAO] Listserv TACRAO Honorary Member Joey Chandler

Barbara Merkle barbara.merkle at emeritus.msutexas.edu
Mon Sep 28 18:39:41 CDT 2020

**External Email**

Sad news. But great memories of a devoted admissions officer. Rest In Peace dear friend.

Deepest condolences to SHSU and her family.

Barbara Ramos Merkle
Director of Admissions, Emeritus
Midwestern State University
Sent from my iPad

On Sep 28, 2020, at 4:19 PM, Thorn, Trevor <ADM_STT at shsu.edu> wrote:

Thank you for sharing this!  Joey was truly one of a kind.  I will echo what Jason Hale said as Joey loved the profession, giving students a chance at improving their future and of course steering them to Sam Houston State University if at all possible.

Joey also gave me my first job in Admissions and also gave me my introduction to my very first TACRAO held in College Station Texas.  At the reception she said “Trevor, I didn’t know you were a drinker”, to which my response was “I didn’t know there was going to be free Shiner Bock!”  We were both a little miffed that they would not air the Cowboys game on the big screen that night.

Joey loved the Lord, loved her family, loved the Bearkats (and orange), and loved the Dallas Cowboys!  She groomed so many Admission professionals and touched so many lives throughout her career.  I will be forever grateful for the opportunities she gave me, for her friendship and guidance and for the lessons she taught me.  Joey was a true ambassador for the profession.  She will be missed by so many!

Trevor

<image002.png>