[TACRAO] Listserv [External] TACRAO Election Results

Irene Robinson IRobinson at alvincollege.edu
Mon Sep 14 10:42:17 CDT 2020

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE ELECTED!!!

From: tacrao-bounces at tamuc.edu <tacrao-bounces at tamuc.edu> On Behalf Of Lothringer, Robert
Sent: Monday, September 14, 2020 10:00 AM
To: tacrao at tamuc.edu
Subject: [External] [TACRAO] Listserv TACRAO Election Results

All-

Thank you to everyone who participated in the TACRAO nominations and election to elect the 2020-2021 new officers and the 2021 Nominations & Elections committee.  We had just over 30% of the eligible voting members participate in the election.  Thank you all!

A special thanks to the 2020 Nominations & Elections Committee, Rebecca Lothringer, Michelle Walker, Debbie Gilchrist, and Irene Robinson, for their hard work in vetting through the nominations and providing our slate of candidates.

Congratulations to our new TEC officers and N&E Committee members:

TACRAO Executive Committee Results:
President-Elect:                                                               Paige Bussell, Texas A&M University - Commerce
Vice President for Records & Registration:           Tana Miller, West Texas A&M University
Vice President for Technology:                                  Justin Schilke, Rice University
Treasurer:                                                                           Lori Zerr, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston

Nominations & Elections Committee Results:
Becki Griffith, Tarrant County College, Chair-Elect
Joe Papari, Southern Methodist University
Sheila Gray, Texas Tech University
Blanca Guerra, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio

**PLEASE NOTE:  This is the second year of our new method for nominations and elections, where the entire organization now has the ability to nominate individuals for these offices.  In the elections comments, there was more than one note asking for more diversity in the candidates.  In the past, when the N&E committee acted solely on determining a slate of candidates, they had more control to help shape the slate to try and be as representative as possible of institution type, region, professional area, gender, race, & ethnicity.  Now that the nominations are sourced from the membership, the N&E Committee no longer has that type of ability, but rather is dependent on the organization and must evaluate candidates from the pool of nominations received.  Thus, it is imperative that we all now realize it is all of our responsibility to help ensure that a diverse range of candidates are nominated.

On that note, please encourage your colleagues to volunteer for, and be active in, committee positions within the organization so that we can have more individuals with experience to be nominated for these positions.

2020-2021 TACRAO Executive Committee:
President:  Jamie Hansard, Texas Tech University
President-Elect:  Paige Bussell, Texas A&M University - Commerce
Past President:  Bobby Lothringer, Southern Methodist University
Vice President for Admissions:  Jennifer Beal, North Central Texas College
Vice President for Records & Registration:  Tana Miller, West Texas A&M University
Vice President for Technology:  Justin Schilke, Rice University
Secretary:  Kristin McDonald-Willey, Amarillo College
Treasurer:  Lori Zerr, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
Past Treasurer:  Melinda Carroll, North Central Texas College
LAC Co-Chairs:  Jessica Cravens & Kat Livingston, Texas Tech University

2021 Nominations & Elections Committee:
Michelle Walker, Texas A&M University - Chair
Becki Griffith, Tarrant County College - Chair-Elect
Joe Papari, Southern Methodist University
Sheila Gray, Texas Tech University
Blanca Guerra, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio

Again, thank you to everyone who submitted nominations and participated in the election.

Sincerely,

Bobby Lothringer
2019-2020 President
Texas Association of Collegiate Registrars & Admissions Officers (TACRAO)
www.tacrao.org<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__linkprotect.cudasvc.com_url-3Fa-3Dhttps-253a-252f-252furldefense.proofpoint.com-252fv2-252furl-253fu-253dhttp-2D3A-5F-5Fwww.tacrao.org-2526d-253dDwMFAg-2526c-253doqyuZuih6ykib6aKiBq22-5Fbich4AVfYGoLertJN0bEc-2526r-253d5cwyr3ZZzjmRsIsXglBYqQ-2526m-253dfmHU7Xtn70uu5zrfnW-2D7dC-2DS5-5F2NcTKWxsZLaZLdBOs-2526s-253dsTIx172kB3UBkB1PcnZmNOhKUXyJA8Zb5uU8g3SksAI-2526e-253d-26c-3DE-2C1-2CjD8f6s-5FrD0PksGgM9Q3UtU50V3TLDreo0OpYwNQcvOf1Ktf-2D-5FDisl2eJJKXkSV4kdgn-5FUu9YgmCHclOWxFm-2DAso4M357hcJcRIntZGJpI1xatYGJ-26typo-3D1&d=DwIFAg&c=oqyuZuih6ykib6aKiBq22_bich4AVfYGoLertJN0bEc&r=5cwyr3ZZzjmRsIsXglBYqQ&m=w9F95RV4BNZ6_D_vgpWH-pKd3ti6EdbHcydVXodcG4I&s=nQ3sDtSQDccr63d_0pYNiR-MIrZ4xIJmjHP8KgHRiPo&e= >
rlothringer at smu.edu<mailto:rlothringer at smu.edu>
[2020 Logo - updated 8-2019]