[TACRAO] Listserv Required Suspension Course for Dual Credit

Ramiro Hernandez ramiro.hernandez at laredo.edu
Wed Jan 15 10:34:46 CST 2020

Good morning, Britt:

I am curious as to how-

                This course is offered (online/hybrid/traditional) and the length of the course (full semester/part of term)

If students are allowed to take this course concurrently with other courses in their returning semester or are only allowed registration in this course

How this course is set up in your SIS so that it is not factored in with Financial Aid and so that it is/is not indicated as part of  a student's degree plan

I concur that dual credit students must adhere to all rules and regulations. As for the verbiage you cited from SB 1091, I believe that is concerning courses that are awarded credit at both the institution and at the high school. Thus, a student's enrollment in RISE 0300 would not necessarily be classified as "dual credit".

I hope this perspective is useful.

Thanks!

Ram

Ramiro Hernandez, Jr. | Assistant Registrar
Laredo College | Office of the Registrar & Admissions
LP 116 | t. 956.721.5109 | f. 956.721.5493