[TACRAO] Listserv Gender Identity Best Practices

Britt Sabota bsab at tjc.edu
Thu Oct 3 14:05:36 CDT 2019

Per our retained attorney, here are our documentation requirements:

  1.  Name change other than due to marriage or divorce requires the legal court document (with the court seal and judges signature) giving us the paper trail from the name we have the student under to the name the student is requesting to be changed to.  The student must also bring in a current and valid DL or passport reflecting the name change.

  1.  Gender change must include the legally approved change of gender court document with the courts seal and judges signature, along with the current and valid DL reflecting the change.  Changing a name from what appears to be one gender to another is not enough to legally change the gender in the students school records.

Thanks!

Britt Sabota
Registrar
Office of the Registrar
903-510-3052
[TJC Logo]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.tjc.edu_&d=DwIGaQ&c=oqyuZuih6ykib6aKiBq22_bich4AVfYGoLertJN0bEc&r=5cwyr3ZZzjmRsIsXglBYqQ&m=3AoCfW999JTvnJw6GvBPY8dMEMEo55OFJfyymuSV85E&s=FfGKbD-87E2SYmye02fFpvLqzSE44USNCvcqnieV_Ng&e= >
PO Box 9020, Tyler, TX 75711
1400 East Fifth St., Tyler, TX 75798