[TACRAO] Listserv Commencement 2019

Busby, Maria REG_MZB at SHSU.EDU
Wed Jan 30 11:26:02 CST 2019

Hi Ramiro,

I have added our answers to your email below.  We can probably dig up a past floor plan if you would like that, just let me know. Have a great day!

Maria Busby
Associate Registrar, Responsibility - Intellection -Adaptability - Input - Belief
Email: mariabusby at shsu.edu<mailto:mariabusby at shsu.edu>
Sam Houston State University
Phone:  936-294-1036
"A leader is someone who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way." ~~ Tony Evans

Sam Houston State University ~ A Member of The Texas State University System

[cid:image001.png at 01D4B718.537D5D90]

From: tacrao-bounces at tamuc.edu <tacrao-bounces at tamuc.edu> On Behalf Of Ramiro Hernandez
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2019 10:39 AM
To: tacrao at tamuc.edu
Subject: [TACRAO] Listserv Commencement 2019

Happy Friday Jr., everybody!

I'd really appreciate your help with a few questions as we kick-off graduation season:

1)     Who calls roll at your commencement ceremony?
We have designated faculty who are typically called upon to call the names.

2)     Who does your stage party consist of?
President, Academic Deans, Vice Presidents, Name Caller, Speaker, Alumni President, Song Leader, and at times a Board Regent or the Chancellor

3)     About how long does your ceremony run and with how many graduates participating?
Each ceremony has about 500 candidates (depending on the academic college)
About 2 hours long for each ceremony

Any ceremony itineraries, floor plans, or other information that you can share would be so helpful.

Thanks a million!

Ram

[Laredo College Logo-WhiteOutline]

Ramiro Hernandez, Jr.
Assistant Registrar
Office of the Registrar & Admissions
Ft. McIntosh Campus | LP 116
West End Washington Street
Laredo, Texas 78040-4395
Tel.: 956.721.5109
Fax: 956.721.5493

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic message, and any attachments, may contain information from the institution that is proprietary, confidential and/or privileged. This communication may contain information protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA). The information is intended solely for the receipt of the designated individual or entity. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this message and any attachments. Use of this message, and/or any attachments, other than by the intended recipient is prohibited.