[TACRAO] Listserv Mini-Mesters and terms

Jennifer Beal jbeal at nctc.edu
Tue Feb 26 12:48:45 CST 2019

Hello TACRAO,

I wanted to pose a question to Community Colleges about the mini-mesters and what terms they are associated with. We currently have our December Mini-mester connected to our Fall semester and our May mini-mester connected to our Spring semester. We are looking at changing this to have our December mini-mester connect to our Spring semester and our May mini-mester connect to our Summer semester. If you have this format at your college can you tell me the pros and cons of this. For example: not having a mini mester attached to the Fall does not allow International Students that drop a class and still get the 12 hrs required for their visa by adding the December mester.

I would appreciate all feedback on how this affects the Admissions, Registrar, and Financial Aid offices. Thank you for your help!

Thank you,

Jennifer Beal
Director of Admissions
North Central Texas College
1200 Parker Square
Flower Mound, TX 75028
Text/Call (972) 471-9545
Fax: (972) 899-8339
jbeal at nctc.edu<mailto:jbeal at nctc.edu>
nctc.edu<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.nctc.edu_&d=DwIFAg&c=oqyuZuih6ykib6aKiBq22_bich4AVfYGoLertJN0bEc&r=5cwyr3ZZzjmRsIsXglBYqQ&m=ABfb3P3LZuW9EvXdfKMVKYxsyQNBZgUrpVnyd2wBb9o&s=ciBr1fkzhBHD6aXByDIClt7yibVZeVMu90vqtA4tql0&e=>
[New2015 email signaturelogo]

NOTICE: This email message and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended solely for the recipient(s) to whom this email is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, do not disclose, forward or otherwise distribute or copy this email. Please notify the sender immediately that you are not the person for whom this email was intended and delete this email (and attachments) from your system. Although every possible precaution is taken by North Central Texas College, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice, the recipient should ensure that every email (and any attachment) is free of any virus or malicious content before opening it. NCTC cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments. Due to Texas' very broad public records law, most written communications to or from College employees regarding College business are public records, and available to the public and media upon request. Therefore, this e-mail communication may be subject to public disclosure.