[TACRAO] Listserv Meningitis Best Practices

Talamantes, Michael John mtalaman at utep.edu
Wed Sep 5 09:19:09 CDT 2018

Good Morning TACRAO Family!

I hope this email finds you all well and revving for another academic year.

I wanted to reach out and see if you are willing share some of your best practices in obtaining meningitis records for incoming students.  The Office of Admissions and Recruitment handles the intake and processing of meningitis records for the university.  We have communicated this requirement for enrollment and not for admissions.  Reminders are included in all our multi-media campaigns along with a systematic hold on BANNER until receipt.  If the proof or exemption is not received by census day - we drop the student.

When time permits, would you please send me suggestions and/or best practices on how you or your institution handles meningitis intake?

Thanks,

Michael

Michael John Talamantes, M.Ed.
Director, Office of Admissions and Recruitment
The University of Texas at El Paso
Mike Loya Academic Services Building, Room 102
500 W. University Ave., El Paso, Texas 79968
915.747.7354
mtalaman at utep.edu<mailto:mtalaman at utep.edu>