[TACRAO] Listserv Commencement Ceremony Questions

Bennett, Scott sbennett at Lee.Edu
Wed May 30 13:53:16 CDT 2018

Good afternoon,
Answers below!

Scott M. Bennett
Registrar
Lee College
sbennett at lee.edu<mailto:sbennett at lee.edu>
This communication, including any attachments, may contain privileged and/or confidential information or knowledge that is otherwise protected from disclosure.  It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity addressed above.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication.  If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety.  Thank you for your cooperation.

From: tacrao-bounces at tamuc.edu <tacrao-bounces at tamuc.edu> On Behalf Of Holly Surginer
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2018 11:49 AM
To: tacrao at tamuc.edu
Subject: [TACRAO] Listserv Commencement Ceremony Questions

Good Morning,

I have a few commencement ceremony questions for community colleges:

1.       Average number of graduates that participate? 150-200 per ceremony. (Two ceremonies in Spring and two in the fall.)

2.       Do you have graduates come across the stage in alphabetical order? We do an alpha sort prior to entrance.

3.       Do you separate associate degrees and certificates in your seating chart and commencement program? We do not separate in the seating chart. We do separate in program.

4.       Do you specially identify highest honor graduates? Do you have a special presentation during the ceremony? We make an announcement of our 4.0 graduates.

5.       How many staff do you utilize in the Registrar's office to prepare and execute the ceremony? 9 FT staff from my department plus volunteers from other departments.

6.       If you have 2 ceremonies:

                                                               i.      How do you separate graduates? We sort by academic plan. We try to aim for a balance of participation rather than plan type.

                                                             ii.      How far apart are they timewise? First ceremony is at 10:00. Second ceremony is at 2:00

Thanks,
Holly Surginer
Associate Director
Student Records & Registration
McLennan Community College
1400 College Drive
Waco, TX  76708
254-299-8631 - Office
254-299-6210 - Fax
hsurginer at mclennan.edu<mailto:hsurginer at mclennan.edu>
[cid:image001.png at 01D19F96.885EA5B0]
Need a transcript?
www.getmytranscript.com<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__linkprotect.cudasvc.com_url-3Fa-3Dhttps-253a-252f-252furldefense.proofpoint.com-252fv2-252furl-253fu-253dhttp-2D3A-5F-5Fwww.getmytranscript.com-5F-2526d-253dDwMFAg-2526c-253doqyuZuih6ykib6aKiBq22-5Fbich4AVfYGoLertJN0bEc-2526r-253d5cwyr3ZZzjmRsIsXglBYqQ-2526m-253dlxmWEbYGIkTE50WANdc-2DhS9WCmKcjM0CM1YvuHtJbXc-2526s-253d8OXjSrJ8GTvhtdnV2Dh2YHrKzez0S32XC-2D9K4y8vuM4-2526e-253d-26c-3DE-2C1-2C6LPC-5F7QCbEd7f3uo5A2heaP-5FCCdOu3FPYQYPcTGau7excLZa9DT99JIpMWKiq5QgPrR6Z4PiMwaQNpHO6Sq9k2VNGkDirmHW0YOjetHblevVO0rLOrC9-26typo-3D1&d=DwIFAg&c=oqyuZuih6ykib6aKiBq22_bich4AVfYGoLertJN0bEc&r=5cwyr3ZZzjmRsIsXglBYqQ&m=k2YOjDW2HJBtkYGN5PSR9p_tS5e4kjJvcb324W66Slo&s=fGdbNw9DErDCWmQ33hT9JnD3rduIjVPNx-9lvPr36Vg&e=>