[TACRAO] Listserv Residency

Scott Branum tbranum at gc.edu
Tue Jun 19 08:56:18 CDT 2018

There are a couple of ways we would grant in-state residency:

1.     The student would need to provide proof of gainful employment for the 12 consecutive months up to the request for in-state residency.

2.     The student would need to provide proof of marriage to a Texas resident, along with proof the Texas resident has domiciled for the consecutive 12 months leading up to the request for in-state residency.

Many students move to Texas without changing their DL until it actually expires.  They don’t want to go through the trouble of dealing with the DPS/DMV to get it changed until they absolutely have to (It’s very expensive for those coming from out of state).  We consider the DL a small part of the overall picture – and never use it to conclusively establish or deny in-state residency.

As long as they could provide evidence to support domicile, we would grant in-state tuition.

Scott Branum
DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS/REGISTRAR | GALVESTON COLLEGE
4015 Avenue Q, Galveston, TX 77550
Phone: (409) 944-1216
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.gc.edu_&d=DwIGaQ&c=oqyuZuih6ykib6aKiBq22_bich4AVfYGoLertJN0bEc&r=5cwyr3ZZzjmRsIsXglBYqQ&m=vP8O_1TpUZ8RTm_uzZ9GQmLCuGCeHDLZCnHNqu2hwaA&s=TtkeQ1H3z9llNLJFGEZsOTnq0LpFeaiZGsa-VDtWYDM&e=

Follow Galveston College on social media:
Facebook<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_GalvestonCollegeEdu&d=DwIGaQ&c=oqyuZuih6ykib6aKiBq22_bich4AVfYGoLertJN0bEc&r=5cwyr3ZZzjmRsIsXglBYqQ&m=vP8O_1TpUZ8RTm_uzZ9GQmLCuGCeHDLZCnHNqu2hwaA&s=-ibHmRRSdUdLnCNYromsGWgVQN3rYWyfQuM_cOGXaTA&e=> | Twitter<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__twitter.com_GalvestonEdu&d=DwIGaQ&c=oqyuZuih6ykib6aKiBq22_bich4AVfYGoLertJN0bEc&r=5cwyr3ZZzjmRsIsXglBYqQ&m=vP8O_1TpUZ8RTm_uzZ9GQmLCuGCeHDLZCnHNqu2hwaA&s=Becn1RzlyRGiBmeSdYXT5YbFGZ5TWdCMp3UYbmgR1aI&e=> | Instagram<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.instagram.com_galveston-5Fcollege_&d=DwIGaQ&c=oqyuZuih6ykib6aKiBq22_bich4AVfYGoLertJN0bEc&r=5cwyr3ZZzjmRsIsXglBYqQ&m=vP8O_1TpUZ8RTm_uzZ9GQmLCuGCeHDLZCnHNqu2hwaA&s=2mai_5zgu9JJXW6xvdzfbBfrgFH1OhZt5ar9xznFRTs&e=> | YouTube<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.youtube.com_channel_UCCw84b5GbK69ntAaXoiha0A&d=DwIGaQ&c=oqyuZuih6ykib6aKiBq22_bich4AVfYGoLertJN0bEc&r=5cwyr3ZZzjmRsIsXglBYqQ&m=vP8O_1TpUZ8RTm_uzZ9GQmLCuGCeHDLZCnHNqu2hwaA&s=Y2XzJWdYyEkFQU4IhiTm0Ae63t-eLtZkQ-G3EOOlfX8&e=>

[Signature Logo]