[TACRAO] Listserv Residency

shirley.dove at cisco.edu shirley.dove at cisco.edu
Tue Jun 19 08:36:23 CDT 2018

Hello TACRAO residency officials,
I have a residency issue I would like your thoughts on.  I have a
student who is requesting in-state tuition.  He is 28 years old and
states he has lived in TX for 10 years.  He graduated from high school
in Florida and still has a valid Florida DL.  He has been married to a
TX resident for 10 months.  He has worked in TX for at least 12
consecutive months.  I am uncomfortable granting the in-state tuition
rate to a student with a valid DL from another state.  What are your
opinions on this situation?

Shirley K. Dove

Director of Enrollment Services/Registrar

Residency Determination Official

Cisco College

101 College Heights

Cisco, TX 76437

254-442-5134   Fax: 254-442-1449/Attention: Shirley Dove