[TACRAO] Listserv Nursing Program Question

Mancone Fisher, Nichole Ann nichole.manconefisher at uta.edu
Mon Apr 9 10:56:41 CDT 2018

Good Morning!

For those of you with BSN programs - do you enroll non-degree seeking students in your nursing classes?  We have received requests from foreign educated nursing seeing remediation courses in order to obtain their licensure here in Texas.  The TX Board of Nursing evaluates the transcripts and determines which content areas require remediation.  Historically we have not approved of students taking BSN courses unless they were admitted intp the upper division degree seeking program.  Our numbers of requests have been increasing as of late and our College of Nursing is interested in reconsidering this option.

Would there be a reason not to do this?

Nichole

Nichole Mancone Fisher, Ed.D.
Registrar
Admissions, Records, & Registration
The University of Texas at Arlington
p: 817-272-3275 | f: 817-272-3223
email: nichole.manconefisher at uta.edu<mailto:nichole.manconefisher at uta.edu>
web: www.uta.edu/records<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.uta.edu_records&d=DwIFAg&c=oqyuZuih6ykib6aKiBq22_bich4AVfYGoLertJN0bEc&r=5cwyr3ZZzjmRsIsXglBYqQ&m=vd8GfuRSLPtbJUzGIwRQ8GX5PBApFCb5ZszNdcpfH5A&s=d72Z_MXGp3GdsDDPsR_VXIawL4WNs_DMlQZVTG2q6lo&e=>
[cid:image001.png at 01D3CFF1.711CD7E0]