[TACRAO] Listserv Wintermester

Thomas Elder teld at tjc.edu
Thu Mar 30 11:02:30 CDT 2017

TJC offers a three week Winter Term.

Here are some things that work for us:

*         Fall 2017 term ends on Thursday, 12/07/17. Winter term starts on Monday, 12/11/17 and ends on 01/03/18.

*         TJC remains open the week after Fall Term ends. This allows for final processing while offices are open.

*         TJC follows the one hour per week rule and will allow one course. Additional courses must be approved through the stated overload approval process.

*         Three days are declared as Holidays for Winter Term students; Dec 24-25 and Jan 01. Assignment/Testing deadlines must honor these days.

*         Offices open Jan 2.

*         Last day to drop is Jan 2. The last day to drop must be a day that offices are open and students are able to conduct business.

*         TJC has advising holds on student records that may prevent online drops. The Registrar's Office accepts drops by email from the official TJC email account.

*         All courses offered must be 100% online including all testing and final.

*         IT services monitor help desk calls for technology concerns related to winter enrollment.

*         Winter is a standalone term.

*         FAID is not automatic. Students must seek approval if funds are available.

*         Warning, in some cases, FAID approval is met with spring awards. This causes issues processing drop for nonpayment. Our FAID offices is working with Business Services to adjust business practices.

Tom Elder
Director, Academic Services/
Registrar
(903)510-3038