[TACRAO] Listserv Community College Question

Rhodes, Jeff jrhodes at utep.edu
Wed Jun 1 16:27:35 CDT 2016

Jeremy,

I've seen it done, and done it on several occasions.  If the student has completed the coursework for their program and is receiving Title IV aid, the DOE regulations require that we withhold future aid.  I've seen students who desire to continue their enrollment, and in order to avoid running afoul of the Title IV regulations, we posted the degree, applied the graduation application fee, then notified the student.  I've only seen two students who were upset, and that's because they wanted to continue receiving Pell grant, for which they were no longer eligible.

JHR

Jeff Rhodes, Ed.D.
University Registrar
Mike Loya Academic Services Building
The University of Texas at El Paso
500 W. University
El Paso, TX 79968
915.747.7323

Run with perseverance the race set before you!