[TACRAO] Listserv handling an unusual high school transcript

Sandra Clay sclay at jacksonville-college.edu
Mon Jul 18 15:09:23 CDT 2016

I've received a transcript from a small private school in the Dallas/Ft
Worth area that shows graduation on the recommended program, but the
transcript shows only courses taken and grades earned in the 11th and 12th
grade years.  Nothing from the first two years at Grand Prairie.  So it
shows the studnet graduated with only 14.5 credits.

When asked about it, their answer is that's the way they do it.

I'm stumped.  I don't want to penalize the student because the high school
has this policy, but I'm uncomfortable with taking this partial transcript
as proof of graduation.  How would you handle it?  Would you take both
transcripts and do the proofing yourself, or would you require the
certifying school to provide a complete transcript showing the basis for
their contention he met state graduation requirements?

*Sandra Clay*
*Director of Admissions*
*Jacksonville College*
*903.589.7110*