[TACRAO] Listserv : Re: Data Request Survey

Robertson, Keitha Keitha.Robertson at unt.edu
Tue Jul 5 13:31:21 CDT 2016

At UNT, the Registrar's Office is responsible for providing student record data to the various academic and administrative departments on campus but there is certain data we provide and certain data that IR provides depending on the usage.

The Registrar's Office provides

*        Open record information on students to off campus requestors

*        "live" data for internal use only such as contact lists, advising lists, information to assist with scheduling and graduation, etc.

*        We do not do analysis or statistics such as retention or enrollment trends

IR provides

*        Official statistics

*        Historical data

*        Any data that needs to be official such as for publication or accreditation use

*        Analytics and trends

I hope this helps.

Keitha
Keitha Robertson -
Information Systems Manager, Registrar's Office
University of North Texas
(940) 565-4617
Keitha.Robertson at unt.edu<mailto:Keitha.Robertson at unt.edu>

"It all works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out yet, then it's not the end." ~ Max Lucado

Hi All,

At UHV I have become the default go-to person for data requests even though we have an institutional research office.  Is the Registrar the go-to person for data requests at your institution?

o   Current information?

o   Historical information?

o   Both?

o   None?

Thank much for any information you would like to share.  I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at the universities meeting in Austin next week.

Trudy

Trudy Wortham, M.Ed<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__M.Ed&d=AwQFAg&c=2X_btuPRWkGwRX26NHIotw&r=g9OHN1igVcz7T_UUqIG79TkVQhnXfa-dcdnkvvz49uQ&m=GhxVZ0gJaYQLQYkHwuSzCOwdTjtAUEoDPg1xTMs5KzE&s=jLSOrBHuDGL6rl4Qyvu7jEkTt7dAaNC81pUxM6u9aQw&e=>.

Registrar

University of Houston-Victoria

3007 N. Ben Wilson

Victoria, TX  77901